1. Only to degree programmes according to academic system pursuant to Ministerial Decree no. 270/04. The change of academic system provides for different procedures according to the academic system of the degree programme of origin, the requirements and the admission procedures of the new degree programme. The change may be made only to degree programmes belonging to academic systems pursuant to Ministerial Decree no. 270/04. The change to such degree programmes and the relating ECTS recognition are made according to special conversion tables prepared by the Faculties.
2. Procedures. Students applying for a change of academic system shall:
- enrol in the 2020-2021 academic year in the old degree programme, by paying the first instalment within November 4, 2020;
- pay the first instalment of tuition fees and submit an application on plain paper to change academic system (by indicating the academic system of origin, the new one and by attaching their study plan, if provided) by November 4, 2020.
The application must be submitted on plain paper from the students’ institutional email account to the email address of the reference Student Affairs Office by using the “Domanda” form, available at www.uniroma1.it in the “Student Forms” section. Before submitting the application, students must check whether their valid identity document has been correctly uploaded on Infostud in the Profile>Personal Documents section.
3. Exam conversion. The Degree Programme Commissions evaluate the position of each student and the latter examines the suggested conversion. In case they agree with it, the reference Student Affairs Office changes the academic system after the Faculties’ resolutions have been issued.
4. Restrictions to enrol in degree programmes with restricted access. Changes of academic system to enrol in degree programmes with restricted access are only allowed if students have acquired at least 40 ECTS to enrol in the second year of bachelor’s degree programmes and at least 200 ECTS (180+20) to enrol in the second year of master’s degree programmes, subject to achievement of the bachelor’s degree.
5. Restrictions to enrol in master’s degree programmes without restricted access. Students who wish to apply for a change of academic system to enrol in a master’s degree programme without restricted access must follow the procedures referred to in art. 8 of these Regulations.
6. Payments. If students apply to change the academic system of a degree programme that is the direct transformation of the degree programme they are enrolled in, such change is free of charge. In all the other cases, implying virtually a real change of degree programme, students must pay a € 65 fee.
7. Incompatibility with part-time learning. Applications for part-time learning (art. 50) and to change academic system cannot be jointly submitted in the same academic year.