1.    The evaluation and recognition of academic study cycles performed abroad and of international degrees are carried out by the Faculty’s academic bodies and are exclusively aimed at students’ continuation of academic studies.
Students holding a foreign degree who wish to enrol in a master’s degree programme must have completed a school/academic course of studies of at least 15 years (12+3 or 11+4 or 10+5).
The automatic equivalence of a foreign degree with an Italian one exclusively applies if provided for by international agreements or if the degree programme belongs to an EU academic system. Students who wish to enrol in a degree programme, even shortened, must abide by the directions of the calls for applications governing enrolment in the degree programmes of choice and submit the documents listed in paragraph 3 below.

2.    The application for the assessment of a degree or of exams may be exclusively made upon enrolment and at all events not later than January 31 of the academic year of enrolment in the degree programme.

3.    List of documents to be submitted to Hello – Foreign Student Office (

a.    application to the Rector on stamped paper, carrying the student ID number obtained upon registration on Infostud (;

b.    university degree accompanied by a sworn translation into Italian or English and by the Statements of Comparability and Verification issued by CIMEA ( or, in alternative, by its legalisation and the declaration of value issued by the Italian Embassies or Consulates of the country in which the degree has been achieved;

c.    certificate of exams issued by the university, legalised and accompanied by a sworn translation into Italian or English;

d.    copy of the study programmes detailed by discipline, with the indication of the hours of lecture attended and the theoretical and practical activities provided for the achievement of the foreign degree, carrying the original stamp of the university and translated into Italian. For such document, no legalisation is required;

e.    copy of an ID document (passport – identity card).

4.    Practice of a profession. Candidates who have achieved a foreign degree and intend to use it to practise in Italy, must address the competent Ministries to have it recognised.


© Sapienza Università di Roma - Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Roma - (+39) 06 49911 - CF 80209930587 PI 02133771002

© Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" - Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Roma