1. 30 fee for most deserving students. The fixed tuition fee of € 30 shall be paid by:
- students who completed their upper secondary school in the 2019-2020 school year with a 100/100 or 100 with honours grade and who enrol in a bachelor’s or single cycle degree programme in the 2020-2021 academic year, if no more favourable reductions referred to in art. 20 apply;
- the first four senior high school students who rank in the first 10 places of the general list of the Mathematics Olympiads and who later apply to Sapienza degree programme of Mathematics, if no more favourable reductions referred to in art. 20 apply (in this case, the relief for deserving students is manually applied by the Student Affairs Office if students haven’t achieved their upper secondary school diploma with a 100/100 or 100 with honours grade). Such relief is awarded pursuant to the resolutions no. 264 of the Academic Senate of April 23, 2013 and no. 92 of the Board of Directors of May 7, 2013. For the 2020-2021 academic year, the Commission of “Guido Castelnuovo” Mathematics Department, considering the serious public health emergency which affected our country and blocked all events, resolved in its meeting of April 27, 2020 to award the four free applications, provided for the first four most deserving students of the individual competitions that did not take place, to the four most deserving senior high school students who participated in Sapienza team competition and who have been admitted to the final competition, after the UMI provincial individual competition.
Such most deserving students must also pay the € 16 stamp duty and the € 140 regional tax.
2. Requisites for entitlement to pay a € 30 fee for study merits also in years following the first (within the regular course of studies):
- to be recognised as a “most deserving student” in the year preceding that of the application for such relief;
- to have achieved, within August 10, at least 40 ECTS (36 ECTS for Healthcare Professions programmes) relating to the academic year preceding that of the application for such relief, besides all the other ECTS provided for the previous academic years. All ECTS must have been achieved with a grade average of 28/30 and with grades not lower than 27. The grade average must be arithmetic;
- in case of enrolment in the first year of the master’s degree programme, in addition to the above requisites, to have obtained the degree with a degree grade of 110/110 or 110 with honours.
3. Recognisable and non-recognisable ECTS. The following ECTS will be valid:
- the ECTS provided for by the Programme Regulations of the relevant degree programme whose value is expressed with a description (“eligible/not eligible”) rather than in numerical grades (thirtieths);
- the ECTS acquired after validation of exams sat abroad within the framework of mobility programmes;
Qualifying exams and exams must be recorded by means of Infostud.
The qualifying exams and/or partial exams which are carried out in some degree programmes by way of mid-term tests, that contribute to get through an exam though are not recorded on Infostud, cannot be taken into account.
Moreover, the following ECTS will not be valid to calculate the study merits:
- the ECTS acquired by taking extracurricular exams pursuant to art. 6 of Royal Decree no. 1269/38 (art. 42);
- the ECTS acquired by taking exams relating to single courses (art. 41);
- the ECTS acquired after validation of exams for programme shortenings (art. 49).
4. Graduates from other Italian universities. Students who have graduated from other Italian universities and who enrol in the first year of a master’s degree programme may benefit from the “most deserving student” relief, provided that the requirements set forth in paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of this article are met in the university of origin. The application for relief must be submitted, within the payment deadline of the first instalment, to be paid in full, to the reference Student Affairs Office; it consists of a self-certification of the studies performed, specifically indicating that all the needed requirements are met. Such students are not allowed to enter by themselves the status of “most deserving student” on Infostud. After the entry requirements assessment, the balance of the following instalments will be made.
5. Grounds for exclusion. Students who change academic system (art. 38), degree programme (art. 10), who enrol in part-time learning (art. 50), who fail exams, albeit only once or who hold a foreign degree cannot benefit from this relief.
6. Student-athletes with sports merits. Student-athletes are students regularly enrolled in the university who have both:
1) achieved any national and international special competitive sports merits in the solar year of application for enrolment or in the previous one;
2) achieved at least 18 ECTS per each academic year of enrolment; in case of newly-enrolled students, 6 ECTS out of the above 18 must have been achieved within the first exam session.
The special competitive sports merits are those achieved by:
a) Olympic, paralympic, absolute or category athletes (Italian, European or world) in winter and summer Olympic and/or paralympic disciplines;
b) athletes called by the Federation they belong to in order to represent Italy in winter and summer Olympic and/or paralympic disciplines;
c) athletes of professional team sports leagues as per Law no. 91/1981 (law on sports professionalism) who take part in federal championships and whose teams ranked within the first 3 positions in the solar year of application for enrolment or in the previous one.
Sapienza grants the above students the exemption from payment of tuition fees, except the fixed tuition fee of € 30 as per art. 21 of these Regulations.
Students obtaining the status of athletes must ensure the participation in 2 presentation and orientation initiatives organised by Sapienza according to the procedures established, under penalty of forfeiting their benefit the following year.
The application to have the status of student-athlete acknowledged must be submitted every year by using the “Status di studente atleta” form available at www.uniroma1.it, in the “Student Forms” section and sending it by email to the competent Student Affairs Office within November 4, 2020 (for the 2020-2021 academic year).
The application must carry in attachment the documentation evidencing the sports merits as indicated above, issued by the National Federation of reference or by the sports league which the athletes as per letter c) belong to. Applicants must pay, within the above deadline and according to the prescribed procedures, the overall amount of € 186 (inclusive of the € 30 fixed tuition fee, of the regional tax and the stamp duty virtually paid). The application will be assessed by the competent committee that will accept or reject it within one month after submission. In case of rejection, students must request the 2020 ISEE calculation and pay the balance generated by Infostud together with the second instalment.