1. Only for health reasons. Regular students (except part-time students referred to in art. 50) may interrupt their academic career for a whole academic year for serious and prolonged health reasons only, which must be duly certified (art. 9, paragraph 4, of Legislative Decree of March 29, 2012, no. 68).
2. Submission of the application. The application on stamped paper must be submitted from September 1 to November 4, 2020 together with the suitable documentation evidencing the right to interrupt one’s academic career. The application must be submitted from the students’ institutional email account to the email address of the reference Student Affairs Office by using the “Domanda” form, available at www.uniroma1.it in the “Student Forms” section. Before submitting the application, students must check on Infostud whether their valid identity document has been correctly uploaded in the Profile>Personal Documents section.
The interruption of the academic career will be decided within January 31, 2021.
The Student Affairs Office, upon the students’ request, will send them a copy of the measure of academic career interruption to their institutional email account.
3. Restrictions. No more than two academic career interruptions are allowed for each cycle of degree programme. The application for academic career interruption has to be submitted instead of enrolment and may not be withdrawn during that academic year.
4. Exams and activities relating to the academic career. Students who benefit from an interruption of their academic career cannot take any exams during the academic year of reference, under penalty of exam cancellation, nor can they carry out any activity relating to their academic career. The year of interruption is neither taken into account to determine the term to achieve the degree nor adds up to the extra years, if any, following the standard term of the degree programme.
5. Certificates. In the same period, students may request certificates concerning their academic career. Such certificates will attest the period of academic career interruption and the details of the measure authorising it although, for privacy reasons, they will not state the reason for such interruption.
6. Resumption of the academic career. Upon resumption of their academic career, students will have to pay - within the deadline prescribed for the first instalment - a fixed fee of € 290 for the year of interruption. Being a “fixed fee”, such amount is not related to the amount of the first instalment of tuition fees provided for the degree programme in the year of academic career interruption. The paying-in slip must be requested from the Student Affairs Office. Students having a disability equal to or higher than 66% or having a certificate of disability pursuant to art. 3, paragraph 1, of Law of February 5, 1992, no. 104 must pay a fixed fee of € 30.