1. Reduced amounts according to the ISEE. Sapienza allows reductions of the standard amounts as per art. 18 according to the students’ 2019 ISEE for the right to academic education, in observance of equity, proportionality and graduality criteria. Sapienza defined exact correspondences between ISEE values and amounts due by students, with special regard to ISEE values lower than € 40,000, for which reductions up to 20% are allowed, also for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The reduced amounts are automatically indicated on the paying-in slips printed from Infostud.
2. What is the ISEE and how to obtain it. The 2019 ISEE for the right to academic education (Decree of the Prime Minister no. 159/2013) is a synthetic index of the economic situation of the students’ household, that they must have mandatorily calculated at a CAF or on the INPS website. Such calculation is free of charge and after about 10 days the students’ ISEE is entered in the INPS database. The ISEE required for the 2019-2020 academic year is the 2019 ISEE.
3. Deadline for the ISEE calculation. To obtain in time the 2019 ISEE for the right to academic education, it is necessary that it is calculated and recorded in the INPS database within the deadline for the payment of the first instalment (November 4, 2019 or any date laid down in the call for applications of the degree programme). As the procedure to have the ISEE calculated and then recorded in the INPS database is quite long, it is advisable that students go to CAF at least 30 days prior to the deadline for payment of the first instalment.
4. Authorisation of the ISEE acquisition by the INPS database. Once the 2019 ISEE value has been obtained, students must authorise Sapienza to acquire the value from the INPS database through Infostud, by selecting “Upload ISEE”.
5. “ISEE not available”. Exceptionally, if the ISEE has not been recorded yet within the deadline for the payment of the first instalment, students must select “Acquire the ISEE”; Infostud will display “ISEE not available” and will request from students to declare whether the estimated ISEE is lower or higher than € 14,000. If the declared estimated ISEE is lower than € 14,000 (art. 20), a paying-in slip equal to € 0.00 is generated for tuition fees, in addition to the payment of the regional tax and stamp duty.
On the contrary, if the declared estimated ISEE is higher than € 14,000, a lump-sum paying-slip of € 300 is generated.
Thanks to this option, Infostud creates a balance for the first instalment and a maximum amount for the second and third instalment (total amount of € 2,821.00 for the first group of degree programmes and of € 2,924.00 for the second group of degree programmes). The value of the 2019 ISEE for the right to academic education must be mandatorily acquired by December 20, 2019. If, after such deadline, the ISEE turns out to be still unavailable or if students have not authorised yet the university, they will have to pay standard tuition fees to the maximum amount. On no account will requests to enter or change the ISEE value be accepted after such date.
6. “I do not declare an ISEE”. Students who are not interested in using their ISEE to redetermine the amount of their tuition fees may choose “I do not declare” on Infostud and will pay standard tuition fees to the maximum amount (€ 2,821 for the first group of degree programmes and € 2,924 for the second group of degree programmes).
7. International students. International EU and non-EU students must follow the procedures indicated in art. 16, paragraph 5, to determine tuition fees.
8. Italian students who return their income abroad. Italian students whose ISEE cannot be calculated as they return their income abroad will pay the fixed amount as per art. 16, paragraph 5, according to the country in which their income is generated.