1. Who may apply for a career suspension. Students enrolled in the first or in the subsequent years of a degree programme (with the exception of part-time students referred to in art. 50) may apply to have their career “suspended” and enrol in a degree programme of a different cycle and class or in a Military Academy, provided that they meet the admission requirements needed, that they are regular students and up to date with the payment of tuition fees. It is pointed out that, in compliance with Ministerial Decree of September 28, 2011, issued by MIUR, contemporary enrolment is allowed between academic degree programmes and Higher Education Institutions in Music and Dance (see art. 9 of these Regulations).
Students enrolled in single cycle degree programmes cannot apply for a career suspension to enrol in bachelor’s degree programmes and vice-versa, as the degree for admission is the same; in case, they may apply for a change of degree programme.
2. Submission of the application. The application must be submitted on stamped paper from July 14, 2020 to November 4, 2020 or at all events within the deadline for enrolment in the other degree programme. The application must be sent from the students’ institutional email account to the email address of the reference Student Affairs Office, by using the “Domanda” form, available at www.uniroma1.it in the “Student Forms” section. Before submitting the application, students must check on Infostud whether their valid identity document has been correctly uploaded in the Profile>Personal Documents section.
3. Exams. Students who suspend their academic career cannot take any exams of the degree programme for which they requested a suspension, for the whole period of suspension, under penalty of cancellation. Such rule also applies to exams relating to academic years preceding the application for career suspension. Upon career resumption, on no account will the assessment of the studies carried out or the exams taken both in Italy and abroad during that suspension be considered as valid.
4. Duration of the career suspension. The duration of the career suspension is equal to the time needed to achieve the other degree. The duration of the career suspension requested to continue studies abroad is limited to the standard term of the degree programme, regardless of the time actually spent by the student to achieve the degree.
5. Resumption of the academic career. No fees are due to resume the academic career. Students who resume their career must submit to the Student Affairs Office an application on plain paper and a self-certification of the degree achieved (the original certificate is required for studies carried out abroad) or, alternatively, a copy of the withdrawal from the other degree programme. Such application must be submitted within the deadline prescribed for the payment of the first instalment of tuition fees provided for the academic year they are resuming their career in. It is pointed out that some degree programmes, over the years, might have been cancelled; therefore students, at the end of their career suspension, might have to change the degree programme they requested a suspension for.
The application must be sent from the students’ institutional email account to the email address of the reference Student Affairs Office, by using the “Domanda” form, available at www.uniroma1.it in the “Student Forms” section. Before submitting the application, students must check whether their valid identity document has been correctly uploaded on Infostud in the Profile>Personal Documents section.
6. Continuation of studies abroad. Students enrolled in a degree programme may apply to continue their studies abroad according to the same procedures indicated in paragraph 2 above.