1. Compliance with admission procedures. Students coming from other Italian universities, from military academies or other higher education military institutions may apply to transfer to a Sapienza degree programme only if it belongs to the academic system pursuant to Ministerial Decree no. 270/04.
Such transfer must comply with the requirements and admission procedures of the selected degree programme.
To this purpose, the rules and deadlines provided for changes of degree programmes referred to in art. 10 of these Regulations shall apply.
2. Submission of the application. To transfer from another university, students must submit the application to the university of origin following the procedures required by that administration and submit the following documents to Sapienza University, within the enrolment deadlines provided for each degree programme:
a. the application for transfer (on plain paper) drafted on the special form available at www.uniroma1.it in the “Student Forms” section;
b. a copy of the application for transfer submitted to the student’s university of origin.
In their application, students must indicate the student ID number that they were issued upon registration on Infostud at https://www.studenti.uniroma1.it/phoenixreg and enter the ISEE option in their personal profile (art. 19).
The application on plain paper may be submitted:
- to the front desk of the Student Office during opening hours;
- from the students’ certified email address to Sapienza certified email address email@example.com;
- from the students’ email address, by attaching a copy of a valid ID document.
Transfer is effective from the payment date of the transfer fees.
3. Payments. The Student Office, after carrying out the due controls to verify the admission procedures for each degree programme, will issue the € 65 paying-in slip for the payment of transfer fees. After this payment has been made, the Student Office will issue the paying-in slip for the first instalment of tuition fees (or for the first and second instalment in case of transfers made after November 4, 2019), for the regional tax for the right to education and for stamp duty. Students coming from universities that have their registered office in the Regione Lazio, who have already paid the regional tax for the new academic year at the university they are coming from, are not required to pay the regional tax again. Students must pay both amounts within the deadlines indicated on the same paying-in slips.
4. Exam recognition and possible programme shortening. The procedures and deadlines for changes of degree programme indicated in art. 10, paragraphs 2 and 3 shall apply, as well as the notice of paragraph 6. Due to the change in the enrolment year, after the resolution concerning the educational units, Infostud is likely to generate a balance on the amount of tuition fees.
5. Students with a foreign degree currently enrolled in Italian universities must go to Hello Help Desk - Foreign students after carrying out the above procedures. Students are reminded that foreign degrees must be validated by the competent Italian Embassies or Consulates. Should the degree be lacking or not in compliance with the provisions of artt. 16 e 17 of these Regulations, the documentation will be returned to the Italian university of origin.
6. Withdrawal. The application for transfer may be withdrawn within 7 days after the date of the payment made to Sapienza University; only the first instalment of tuition fees will be reimbursed.
7. Exams. Students may sit exams starting from the first session available for first-year students of the 2019-2020 academic year (end of the first quarter/semester) once the transfer has been completed and the assessment of the students’ academic career of the university of origin, performed by the Programme Area Council, has been recorded on Infostud.
8. Part-time learning. Students who wish to change to part-time learning (art. 50) may submit an application from September of the year following that of the transfer.
9. Transfers from the same programme of other Italian or foreign universities for national or local restricted access degree programmes. Specific transfer notices are published every year on the webpage of the relating Student Offices, if there are places available for years following the first.