COVID-19: information on educational activities
[Last updated on September 29, 2021]
In-person lectures, exams and dissertations from September 14
From September 14:
- Aal lectures and educational activities for all programmes (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhDs, Advanced Professional Courses) are delivered in person, compatibly with the available seats for each classroom. The same activities will be also available online.
- access to classroom reservation systems are guaranteed as stated in the “In-person lectures and classroom seat reservation" section;
- exams and graduation sessions are carried out in person while ensuring the possibility to take the exam online for specific needs assessed by each structure on a case-by-case basis (fragile students, self-isolating or students exempt from the Covid-19 vaccination etc.)
- as per MUR guidelines, orientation and tutoring activities are carried out in person;
- as per MUR guidelines, professional training in the medical, dental and health professions, laboratory activities, and exercises are carried out in person;
- as per MUR guidelines, curricular and extracurricular internships are carried out in person if the necessary safety measures can be guaranteed;
- University libraries, reading rooms, study rooms and other facilities that provide services to students carry out their activities in person;
- students must have the COVID-19 green certificate (or non-EU equivalent) or certificate of exemption from vaccination - issued according to specific criteria defined by the Italian Ministry of Health - in order to access any university facility (e.g. lecture halls, libraries, laboratories, administrative offices, professors' offices, etc.), to book their place in classrooms, libraries and study rooms and to participate in all in-person educational and curricular activities;
- Green pass/COVID-19 certificate sample checks for students will be carried out by those in charge of the facilities and/or by academic staff during in-person educational activities.
In reading rooms, libraries, study spaces and laboratories, green pass/COVID-19 certificate sample checks will be carried out by those in charge of the facilities based on the specific characteristics of each facility.
Please go to the course catalogue -> Attendance section of your course to read your online and in-person lectures' calendar.
In-person lectures and classroom seat reservation
- you can book a seat in a classroom for any year of your Bachelor's degree programmes or Master's degree programmes (two-year programme and single-cycle).
- In order to respect the interpersonal distancing established for health security, the capacity of each classroom has been reduced and the presence of students in the classroom will be organised in different time slots.
- access in each classroom will be organised based on distancing and tracking.
To book your place correctly you need to know:
- the date and time of the lecture you want to attend. Timetables are published in the course catalogue, in the "Attendance" section of each course. Go to the catalogue;
- the code of the building where the classroom is located. The building code is indicated on the lesson timetable;
- your student ID number and Infostud password. If you are not yet enrolled at Sapienza, please read the instructions to obtain your student ID number and password and choose your course. Go to the page;
The reservation system is based on your student ID number. You must book your seat the week before the week in which your lectures are scheduled, as follows:
From Tuesday to Thursday, students with final digits 00 to 49 and 50 to 99 can book seats in alternating weeks (indicated on the Prodigit system) (e.g. for lessons scheduled from September 20 to 25, students with final digits 00-49 can book seats from September Tuesday 14 to Thursday 16 );
From Friday to Sunday, reservations are open to everyone, regardless of the final digits of their student ID number (e.g. for lessons scheduled from September 20 to 25, regardless of the final digits of the student ID number, seats can be booked from September Friday 17 to Sunday 19).
To book your seat:
- Log in to Prodigit using your Infostud credentials: ID number and password. The online seat reservation system will provide you with a receipt for your reservations.
- You must keep the receipt printed or saved on your mobile phone and show it to the security staff at the entrance of the Sapienza branches and whenever you will be asked to.
To access your classroom
- please save the summary page's receipts or take a screenshot to limit the number of simultaneous accesses to Prodigit that slow down system performance. Thank you for your cooperation.
- For security reasons, the structure may plan to seat you in order of arrival (and therefore in a different place from the one booked): do not worry, the seat you booked is still guaranteed
To confirm your presence in the classroom, your professor will provide you with a token. Please enter it into Prodigit. Read the instructions (PDF)
- If you decide not to attend the booked lecture, please cancel your reservation to give access to a student on the waiting list;
- If you failed to make your reservation, we will put your name on the waiting list and notify if a seat becomes available. If not, you can take the lesson remotely;
- You can only cancel from Wednesday to Saturday of the previous week.
For support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students with physical and learning disabilities who will be needing support to attend in-person lectures can contact the specific office following the usual procedures (https://redazione.uniroma1.it/en/pagina/physical-and-learning-disabilities-0).
How to follow your online lectures
To follow your online lectures:
- open the Course Catalogue Go to the catalogue;
- select your degree programme and click on the Attendance section:
- for each course, on your professor's page, you will find a link to the virtual classrooms where you can follow your online lecture. You can find your professor's page here
For further information on easy tools for off-campus and online teaching, visit the following page
- log in to Prodigit (use the same methods used to book your seat for your lectures and the "Book Classroom for Exam" button);
- enter the classroom, day and time (start and end of the exam), as indicated by your professor.
Online exams, tests and graduation sessions
Fragile students, students who are self-isolating or students exempt from the Covid-19 vaccination can take test and exams and present their dissertation remotely. Each faculty may assess specific needs on a case-by-case basis.
Oral exams: click on the page
Written exams: click on the page
Online graduation sessions: graduands will receive detailed instructions from their Faculties/Departments. Read the Rector Decree (in Italian)