Bilateral Agreement Scholarships - Non-EU Mobility

Thanks to funding provided by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR), Sapienza provides BachelorsMasters and PhD Students (who are not on scholarships) with the opportunity to enjoy a period of studies abroad, either to take exams or work on their theses, in one of over 200 non-EU universities that have bilateral agreements with Sapienza University.

Bilateral mobility agreements between Sapienza University and other universities provide reciprocal advantages both to outgoing and incoming students as neither have to pay any additional tuition fees. Outgoing students will continue to normally pay tuition fees at Sapienza, NOT at the host university. (In some cases, however, there may be a registration fee.)

Application

Bilateral mobility calls are managed by individual faculties and published on their websites. However, you can also find a full listing of all open calls here.

Please read the call carefully and make sure you fulfil all required requisites, including required language skills.

Learning Agreement and Recognition of Credits

In order to complete your Learning Agreement (whether it concerns exams or thesis research), please contact the agreement coordinator to prepare your study plan while abroad and receive advice on activities you can attend at the host university. A full list of mobility agreement coordinators is available in the download section on the right.

However, please note that Academic Coordinators for International Mobility (RAMs) are responsible for non-EU student mobility. You will find a fulllist of mobility coordinators for each faculty is available here.

Scholarships

Starting from a.y 2020-2021 Bilateral mobility scholarships amount to €700/month for the first 6 months of mobility. The amount for the following months is € 500/month, for a minimum period abroad of 90 days (3 months).

The scholarship will correspond to the effective and continuing duration of the mobility, proved by the certificate of arrival and certificate of departure issued by host University and according to the academic calendar and the maximum amount assigned.

Students on mobility periods longer than 3 months will receive the entire monthly installment from the 16thday abroad for every additional month. The days spent abroad will be calculated automatically by the online organizer considering the duration of each month as 30 days.

Students who remain abroad for two consecutive semesters must exceed a period of 9 months and 16 days. Funds will not be allocated for mobility periods of 7-9 months.

Mobility Periods and Funding

Months assigned

Minimum duration abroad

Total amount

3 months

90 days

2100€

4 months 

3  months   e 16 days

2800€

5 months 

4  months   e 16 days 

3500€

6 months 

5  months   e 16 days 

4200€

10 months 

9  months   e 16 days 

6200€

11 months 

10  months   e 16 days 

6700€

12 months 

11  months   e 16 days 

7200€

 

Students can be granted a scholarship only ONCE for each cycle of studies. The scholarship is not cumulable with other grants.

Scholarship Payment

Scholarships are paid to students in two instalments. The first instalment, which amounts to 70% of the scholarship will be accredited to your bank account within 60 days of the signature of the contract. The remaining 30% will be accredited upon your returnThe final 30% will only be accredited when all necessary documentation, as described in the contract, has been submitted.

Students should contact agreement coordinators for all other doubts on academic aspects of their mobility period or the International Office (ARI) for information on scholarships and any other issues.

And while you’re at it, like our Facebook Page - Sapienza – Studying Abroad - for real-time updates on new opportunities!

 

International Office

Academic Internationalisation and European Programmes

Area Manager
Graziella Gaglione
 

Staff
Martina Vizzani

Tel (+39) 06 4969 0423

Tel (+39) 06 4969 0425

Locations

Città Universitaria
Tumminelli Building
(CU007) Second Floor

Viale dell'Università, 36
00185 Rome

© Sapienza Università di Roma - Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Roma - (+39) 06 49911 - CF 80209930587 PI 02133771002