Bilateral Agreements - Non-EU Mobility
Bilateral Agreement Scholarships
Thanks to funding provided by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR), Sapienza provides Bachelors, Masters and PhD Students (who are not on scholarships) with the opportunity to enjoy a period of studies abroad, either to take exams or work on their theses, in one of 140 non-EU universities that have bilateral agreements with Sapienza University.
Bilateral mobility agreements between Sapienza University and other universities provide reciprocal advantages both to outgoing and incoming students as neither have to pay any additional tuition fees. Outgoing students will continue to normally pay tuition fees at Sapienza, NOT at the host university. (In some cases, however, there may be a registration fee.)
The Sapienza International Office provides a €2100 lump sum grant for students participating in mobility periods ranging from 90 days to two semesters. In the latter case, the grant will be doubled (€4200 in total).
Students may apply for this grant only once per each cycle of studyand the grant is not cumulable with other university grants.
Calls are managed by individual faculties that are published on their websites. However, you can also find a full listing of all open calls here.
Please be aware that each faculty offers a different selection of destinations. Moreover, some host universities may require linguistic certification. Please read the call carefully and provide all requested information.
Each bilateral agreement has a scientific coordinator, a professor who promotes the mobility destination and supervises students not only during their period abroad, but also throughout their academic career.
Starting from Academic Year 2016-17, Mobility Coordinators (RAMs) are responsible for all mobility destinations, including non-EU countries. The list of mobility coordinators for each faculty is available here.
Nonetheless, we recommend that you contact the scientific coordinator to prepare for your mobility period and receive advice on the foreign university that interests you.
You can consult the list of Sapienza bilateral agreements and scientific coordinators in the download section.
The first instalment, which amounts to 70% of the scholarship (€1,470), will be accredited to your bank account within 60 days of the signature of the contract. The remaining 30% (630,00€) upon your return. The final 30% will only be accredited when all necessary documentation, as described in the contract, has been submitted.
To find out which destinations are available in your faculty, who the scientific coordinators are and how to apply for a scholarship, please refer to the documents in the download section on the right.
If you are interested or require further information, please contact your scientific coordinator or the International Office. And while you’re at it, like our Facebook Page - Sapienza – Studying Abroad - for real-time updates on new opportunities!
(CU007) Second Floor
Viale dell'Università, 36