Info about libraries reopening and services
The Sapienza Libraries have gradually resumed their activities and services. Through the portal Catalogo e servizi Biblioteche Sapienza you may borrow books and book a seat in a library.
The list of open libraries (marked in green) is available on the dedicated webpage.
Go to the list
All the information about how to access Sapienza is available on the university website.
Go to the page
Please, remember that libraries cannot be accessed without an appointment and not wearing a face mask.
How to book a seat in a library
To book a seat, you may use the Catalogo e servizi Biblioteche Sapienza.
Go to the service
How to borrow books
To borrow a book, follow the instructions below
- Find the desired book in the Catalogo e servizi Biblioteche Sapienza
- Use the "Borrowing request" or "Consultation request" button, log into your account. If neither of the two buttons appears, see below "Other Requests".
- Wait for the "Borrowing confirmation" email in which you will be notified when to pick up the books and where.
- Please note: the pickup site may not be the library that owns the book. Please read the instructions in the confirmation email carefully.
How to return books
- Use the Borrowing confirmation email or write an email to the library to ask for an appointment.
- Wait for the answer from the library where you will be notified when to return the books and where.
- Remember that libraries cannot be accessed without an appointment.
To consult not borrowable books, please contact the specific library. Emails and contacts are available on the dedicated webpage.
Go to the page