Sede del master
Roma, Bologna, Udine e Milano
Obiettivi formativi in inglese
The Master aims at creating a training program designed to offer specific training in the field of Breast Reconstruction. The final objective will be to provide students with the knowledge about breast reconstruction, either after mastectomy or for malformations, useful to treat any type of defect and any type of patient in the most appropriate manner. Participants will be expected to learn not only the latest method of reconstruction, but different methods in order to be able to cope with every aspect of immediate or delayed reconstruction, participating with the general surgeon in planning both the defect and the expected result. Participants will be able to place the patient, and its reconstruction problem, in the center of a decision-path articulated on several factors, in order to address each patient to the most suitable reconstructive technique, while consenting her to have an active role in the decision-making process.
At the end of the Master course the participant should have acquired:
• knowledge of the causes of congenital and acquired breast pathologies;
• knowledge of the anatomo-pathologic and clinical aspects of congenital and acquired breast pathologies;
• in-depth knowledge of the surgical anatomy applied to the plastic and reconstructive surgery of the breast;
• knowledge of the biological and immunological mechanisms concerning the transplantation and utilization of alloplastic material;
• the ability in clinical analysis, in order to be able to examine and solve, in the presence of a tutor, the most common and relevant clinical and surgical problems, in patients undergoing, or to be addressed to, breast reconstruction;
• the ability and sensitivity to enclose the specialized reconstructive issues in a broader view of the general health status of the patient;
• the ability to analyze and solve, in the presence of a tutor, clinical issues about internal medicine, surgery and oncology, assessing the relationships between benefits, risks and costs, especially in light of the principles of evidence-based medicine;
• knowledge of the ethical rules and of the regulations concerning the high professional responsibility, and the ability to develop an interdisciplinary and cross-cultural mental approach;
• a thorough knowledge of the technological and bio-technological developments of the modern medicine applied to Breast Reconstruction.