The Fondazione Roma Sapienza is an independent and autonomous non-profit foundation that uses its resources for the following objectives:
- disseminate knowledge;
- promote and develop research in science, with particular attention to new technology and experimentation, and humanities, promoting studies on major figures in Italian and foreign literature, history and philosophy;
- help meritorious students complete their university career and achieve their professional objectives, providing incentives for the achievement of results of excellence;
- manage patrimonial funds, as well as donations and bequests for scholarships and grants;
- promote the identification of public and private funds for education and research;
- promote Sapienza’s archaeological heritage with exhibitions, conferences and guided visits;
- coordinate activities with the “Noi Sapienza” Alumni Association and the “In unam Sapientiam” Association of Emeritus Professors.