Unitelma Sapienza doesn't stop and restyles its logo
On Thursday, March 26, 2020, Unitelma Sapienza launched its new logo: a new visual identity that welds itself to the cultural and academic role of an ever-changing online university.
The last several weeks have been difficult for the whole country due to COVID-19 emergency. Unitelma Sapienza has ensured its educational and administrative activities, offering its students the chance to study online, to take exams and to be assisted anytime and anywhere.
The new brand represents and intersects two concepts: the knowledge and the internet, maintaining, at the same time, its bond with the visual, cultural, and academic identity of the Sapienza family.
The new logo has five distinctive elements:
- The WiFi. It is the symbol of digital communication and a world that is always connected. It breaks down the barriers of time and space and makes communication possible through the internet, in many different ways.
- The book. As a symbol of knowledge, custody and sharing, the book has changed its shape many times over the millennia until its recent dematerialisation through digital technologies.
- The globe. Symbol of totality and entirety, the globe represents the planet Earth and the living creatures that inhabit it. In the traditional western iconography it represents the world, or the celestial sphere, also symbolising the dominion, that is, the power of the person who is holding it. The globe is also the universal icon of the “web”, the digital and technological universe, intergenerationally acknowledged as symbol of connection.
- The cherub. A minimalist stylization of the historic brand of the biggest University in Italy, Sapienza University of Rome . A whispered evocation referred to Borromini's putto, symbol of that centenarian knowledge that also serves the future.
- Unitelma Sapienza's U. U as University, symbol of knowledge par excellence, now enriched with digital features to become the virtual centre of academic education that breaks down the traditional space/time limits and open itself to a more universal way to see the culture.
The launch of Sapienza's new logo has given us the chance to renew our challenge for a high-quality digital University, which, thanks to Sapienza, looks ahead through innovative teaching technologies and methodologies, but never forgets its centennial history.
A digital University, close and embracing, that wants to provide everyone, at any age, with advanced training courses and lifelong learning education.
Come and see Unitelma Sapienza's new logo on our social media channels and digital platforms.