Before Leaving

Documents and Visa

Before leaving for Rome, all foreign students must have all required documentation, which may vary according to your nationality and the length and reason of your stay.


Exchange Programme Students

EU Citizens
EU Citizens only require a valid document (ID or Passport) for travel abroad, even for stays greater than 3 months.

Non-EU Citizens

  • For stays up to 90 days, students should consult the dedicated section of the Foreign Affairs Ministry to see whether they require a Visa (select: "STUDIO: borsa di studio" and "motivo visto")
  • For stays longer than 90 days, students must request a Visa at an Italian consulate in their country of residence.

© Sapienza Università di Roma - Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Roma - (+39) 06 49911 - CF 80209930587 PI 02133771002