Simultaneous enrolment in two different degree programmes
From the 2022-2023 academic year, students can enrol in no more than two programmes at the same university or at two different universities, one of which international, or at Italian or international Higher Education Institutions for Art and Music.
In particular, simultaneous enrolment is possible:
- in two Bachelor's degree programmes
- in two Master's degree programmes
- in one Bachelor's and one Master's degree programme (if the student holds another Bachelor's degree as an entry requirement);
provided that the two courses do not belong to the same class and differ in at least two-thirds of their educational activities.
Possession of the entry qualifications required by national legislation and Sapienza Regulations is mandatory for enrolment in the various degree programmes.
It is also possible to enrol in:
- a Bachelor's/Master's degree programme and an Advanced Professional Course (if the student holds all the requisites according to the level of the Advanced Professional Course)
- a Bachelor's/Master's degree programme and a doctorate (if the student holds all the requisites)
- a Bachelor's/Master's degree programme and a non-medical specialisation course.
Finally, among the postgraduate courses, it is possible to enrol:
- in two Master's degrees
- in a Master's degree and both a medical and a non-medical specialisation school;
- in a doctorate and both a medical and a non-medical specialisation school.
If one of the two degree programmes has compulsory attendance (excluding degree programmes where compulsory attendance is only for laboratory and internship activities), enrolment in a second degree programme with no compulsory attendance is allowed.
Scholarships and exemptions
The Right to Education benefits (e.g. Laziodisco grants) are provided for a single enrolment at the national level. A student already enrolled in a degree programme in years after the first cannot present the second enrolment as reference for the Right to Education benefits. Total or partial contribution exemption is granted for both enrolments if the requirements set out in the current regulations are met.
How to enrol in two programmes
Students can enrol in a second programme by emailing the Student Affairs Office of the degree programme they are interested in. All the necessary forms will be available online as soon as the regulatory and operational adjustments have been completed.
Further updates will be available on this page. Please note: at present, simultaneous enrolment does not apply to Non-EU citizens applying for a residence permit for study purposes.