Sapienza is among the founders of the CIVIS European Alliance - A European Civic University, funded by the European Union and active since October 1, 2019.
The following European universities are part of CIVIS, in addition to Sapienza:
CIVIS offers students, academic staff and technical-administrative staff a chance for exchanges and mobility in an integrated European university area. CIVIS also means transnational collaboration of civic universities, with a strong link with the social and geographical context. It involves about 400,000 students, promotes multilingualism and European cultural diversity.
Discover the spirit of CIVIS in a video!
CIVIS Mobility Calls
Academic Contact Persons for CIVIS Mobility
• Medicine and Pharmacy
• Medicine and Pharmacy (Pharmacy Area)
• Civil and Industrial Engineering
• Information Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics
• Humanities and Philosophy
• Medicine and Dentistry
• Medicine and Psychology
• Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences
• Political Science, Sociology, Communication
CIVIS Mobility: Characteristics and Objectives
- The CIVIS alliance is committed to implementing the principles of the Bologna Process in order to contribute to the construction of the European Education Area. The CIVIS alliance is to be understood as a space for teaching, research, cultural exchanges and innovative action by citizens in Europe, from the Baltic to the Mediterranean.
- Over time, it will activate a variety of study programmes shared among the 8 European campuses in order to build a true European Higher Education Area and contribute to the development of a strong and multilingual European knowledge society. Training will be based on research and innovative educational activities, which will provide - in addition to traditional Erasmus mobility - short, virtual and distance learning mobility. Students participating in the launch of CIVIS mobility will become part of a European community, which will benefit from enhanced services and new innovative educational pathways.
- Erasmus mobility within the universities in the Alliance is among the CIVIS objectives. Forasmuch as an increase in mobility between partner universities is expected, Sapienza reserves 10% of the total contributions, as a priority, to the mobility of students applying for CIVIS universities.