1. The family bonus is a reduction in tuition fees for students having one or more family members (brothers, sisters, parents or sons) already enrolled in Sapienza University in case they are not entitled to most favourable reductions as per art. 20.
Students with a 2019 ISEE for the right to academic education lower than or equal to € 40,000 benefit each from a 15% reduction in tuition fees.
Students with a 2019 ISEE for the right to academic education higher than € 40,000 benefit each from a 8% reduction in tuition fees.
- Needed requisites. To benefit from the family bonus, students must:
- be enrolled in the 2019-2020 academic year in a degree programme as regular students (i.e., for a number of years not exceeding the standard term of the programme); in case of change of degree programmes/transfer from other universities, all the previous years of enrolment will be calculated.
- see that one of their family members (brothers, sisters, parents or sons) enrolled in Sapienza University is up to date with the payment of tuition fees for the 2019-2020 academic year (i.e., has paid the first instalment within the deadline);
belong to the same household of the family member already enrolled who is indicated in the Unique substitute statement (DSU, Dichiarazione Unica Sostitutiva) that has been submitted to have the 2019 ISEE for the right to academic education calculated;
- have acquired at least 10 ECTS by August 10, 2019 if, in the 2019-2020 academic year, they are enrolled in the second year of bachelor’s degree programmes or of single cycle master’s degree programmes; have acquired at least 25 ECTS between August 10, 2018 and August 10, 2019 if, in the 2019-2020 academic year, they are enrolled in a year following the first in any degree programme. No merit requirements are provided for students enrolled in degree programmes and in the first year of master’s degree programmes, nor for transfers from other Italian or foreign universities as regards the enrolment year in which the transfer occurred.
The qualifying exams awarding ECTS may be calculated as exams/ECTS if they have been recorded.
In case of different merit conditions among siblings, only the sibling who meets the merit requirement will benefit from the above reduction.
3. Grounds for exclusion. Part-time students are not entitled to family bonus (art. 50).
4. How to obtain the bonus. Infostud calculates the bonus after all siblings have paid the first instalment. The reduction applies to the second instalment provided that the declared ISEE is the same for all siblings.
Thanks to the IT network with INPS, it will be possible to automatically verify whether students belong to the same household thanks to the students’ ISEE Unique substitute statements.