1. The family bonus is a reduction in tuition fees for students having one or more family members (brothers, sisters, parents or sons) already enrolled in Sapienza in case they are not entitled to more favourable reductions as per art. 20.
The amount of reduction varies according to the ISEE:
- with a 2020 ISEE for the right to academic education lower than or equal to € 40,000, each family member is entitled to a 15% reduction in the annual amount of tuition fees;
- with a 2020 ISEE for the right to academic education higher than € 40,000, each family member is entitled to a 8% reduction in the annual amount of tuition fees.
- Needed requisites. To be entitled to the family bonus, students must:
- be enrolled in the 2020-2021 academic year in a degree programme as regular students (i.e., for a number of years not exceeding the standard term of the degree programme); in case of change of degree programmes/transfer from other universities, all the previous years of enrolment will be calculated.
- see that one of their family members (brother, sister, parent or son) enrolled in Sapienza is up to date with the payment of tuition fees for the 2020-2021 academic year (i.e., that has paid the first instalment within the deadline);
- belong to the same household of the enrolled family member indicated in the Unique Substitute Statement (DSU, Dichiarazione Unica Sostitutiva) that has been submitted to have the 2019 ISEE for the right to academic education calculated;
- have acquired at least 10 ECTS by August 10, 2019 if, in the 2020-2021 academic year, they are enrolled in the second year of bachelor’s or single cycle degree programmes; have acquired at least 25 ECTS between August 10, 2019 and August 10, 2020 if, in the 2020-2021 academic year, they are enrolled in a year following the first. No merit requirements are provided for students enrolled in bachelor’s degree programmes and in the first year of master’s degree programmes, nor for transfers from other Italian or foreign universities, as regards the enrolment year in which the transfer occurred.
The qualifying exams awarding ECTS may be calculated as exams/ECTS if they have been recorded.
In case of different merit conditions among family members, only the member who meets the merit requirement will be eligible for the above reduction.
3. Grounds for exclusion. Part-time students are not entitled to family bonus (art. 50).
4. How to obtain the bonus. Infostud calculates the bonus after all family members have paid the first instalment. The reduction applies to the second instalment provided that the declared ISEE is the same for all members.
Thanks to the IT network with INPS, the students’ belonging to the same household will be automatically verified through the students’ ISEE Unique Substitute Statements.