Academic Year 2021-2022 extended
The 2021-22 academic year has been extended to June 15, 2023; therefore, graduation sessions taking place by that date will be referred to 2020-2021.
Scholarship recipients must read the specific section below because those who benefit from the extension may have to repay the fee received for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Health Profession degree programmes have different deadlines and procedures. See the section below for more details.
Who benefits from the 2021-22 academic year extension?
"Fuoricorso" students who have applied for the February - June 15, 2023 graduation session are eligible for the extension of the academic year. Therefore, these students will graduate in the 2021-22 academic year instead of 2022-2023 unless they fall under the cases of exclusion indicated in the next section.
Who does NOT benefit from the 2021-22 academic year extension?
- those who conclude their current career by June 15 and will therefore necessarily have to graduate in the 2022-23 academic year since the time stipulated by law for obtaining the degree cannot be shortened (3 years for three-year degrees, 2 years for master's degrees, 5 or 6 for single-cycle master's degrees);
- those who can graduate early by a resolution of the Faculty Committee;
- those with a part-time status and by June 15 2023, will complete the agreed time for graduation;
- those who have participated in an Erasmus programme and have taken exams valid for the 2022-23 academic year at the destination university.
The Student Affairs Office will examine any other special situations on a case-by-case basis.
I want to take advantage of the extension. What procedure should I be following?
You do not need any special application to take advantage of the extended academic year.
The Student Affairs Offices will automatically:
- cancel your registration for the 2022-23 academic year;
- arrange for the 2022-23 tuition fees reimbursement (excluding stamp duty), which must necessarily be cashed in after graduation;
- change the academic year in which the degree is awarded, which will be 2021-22;
- validate any exams taken in 2022-23 as valid exams for 2021-22;
- specify on the certificates that exams are validated as a result of Law no. 14 of February 24, 2023; and
- insert an exemption for the payment of the third instalment of tuition fees for 2022-23, which will therefore not be due by the students concerned.
Missing exams required for graduation
If you benefit from the academic year extension and you still have to take exams for the 2021-2022 academic year, which are required for graduation, you must email your Student Affairs Office, which will enter the 2022-2023 tuition fee waiver so that you can book the necessary exams.
Refunds of 2022-23 fees
Tuition fees will be refunded ex officio, whereas for the regional tax, a special application must be submitted to DiscoLazio.
Refunds of 2022-23 fees will be paid as follows:
- amounts equal to or greater than one thousand euros: payment by bank transfer to the Iban* of the account uploaded to Infostud;
- amounts of less than one thousand euros for students who have uploaded their Iban* to Infostud: payment by bank transfer;
- amounts of less than one thousand euros for those who have not uploaded their Iban: the Area Contabilità finanza e controllo di gestione (Accounting Finance & Management Control Area) will email the student to arrange a cash refund in any Unicredit branch with an ID and tax code (codice fiscale)
*double-check your IBAN!
Please note: you can only upload the Iban of a current account you own or co-own. A Postepay Iban is also acceptable; a Libretto Postale Iban is not.
Refund of regional tax
For the regional tax, a special application must be submitted to DiscoLazio.
I have been awarded a scholarship (DiscoLazio, other scholarships) for 2022-23: if I take advantage of the extension, will I lose my scholarship?
At the moment, those who have benefited from the DiscoLazio scholarship must reimburse the amount received. Please contact DiscoLazio (http://www.laziodisco.it/) for further confirmation.
Similarly, if you have benefited from other scholarships, we invite you to contact the relevant bodies to check if a refund is due.
If you prefer to keep your grant and decide not to take advantage of the extension of the academic year, please follow the instructions in the next section.
I am not interested in the extension. What is the procedure?
If you do not want to take advantage of the extension, please fill in this online form by the deadline in the email you will receive from your Student Affairs Office (log in with your institutional email address)
Students enrolled in Health Professions
The graduation sessions that faculties and departments will schedule by June 15 are extraordinary sessions only for students who, in the 2022-23 academic year, would be enrolled "fuoricorso" and may therefore benefit from the extension of the 2021-22 academic year.
All the procedures will be published in the "Promemoria Laureandi Professioni sanitarie - sessione straordinaria" (Extraordinary session), which is currently being updated.
Students who intend to participate in the extraordinary session or still have to sit exams to complete their programme must fill in a form to be exempted from paying the 2022-23 tuition fees or only the third instalment.
The form must be completed up to 7 working days before the deadline for booking the first missing exams. (for example: if the deadline to book the exam is April 23, 2023, you must send the request by April 14, 2023).
Even if more than one exam is to be taken, the form only needs to be completed once.
Students who do not graduate by this extraordinary session must pay the 2022-23 fees by June 26, 2023.
Fill in the form (log in with your institutional email address)