CIVIS looks to the future. The Alliance selected for another 4 years of EU funding
This week the European Commission announced that CIVIS is among the European University Alliances selected for another 4 years of funding with a grant of 14 million euros. This news ensures that the Alliance and its 10 member universities can push ahead with their ambitious vision and stay at the forefront of Higher Education reform in Europe.
The members of CIVIS are all research-intensive universities active across a comprehensive range of subjects and disciplines. They combine excellence in teaching and research with a commitment to diversity and civic engagement. The same values underpin the CIVIS Alliance, which focuses on five key areas:
- Environment and climate change
- Health care
- Democracy and cultural heritage
- Sustainable and inclusive mobility
- Digital and technological transformations
Since 2019, the CIVIS Alliance has launched, among other things:
- 5 challenge-based interdisciplinary Hubs.
- A CIVIS Digital Campus to overcome boundaries, foster cooperation and facilitate an intercultural experience.
- A strategic partnership with 6 African universities in line with their initial ambition to form a global Alliance.
The years ahead will not only consolidate CIVIS' progress so far but also allow them to implement their shared vision more fully by:
- Boosting both challenge-based educational offers and civic engagement.
- Strengthening its inter-university campus by increasing mobility for students and staff from all groups and unlocking their Digital Campus's potential.
- Achieving the implementation of true joint education and degree programs.