Didactic Activities for Students with Learning or Physical Disabilities
Custom-tailored Support Plan
Students may request help from our specialised tutoring service to develop an ad hoc support plan. Based on the student’s degree programme and the analysis of needs and specific supports (based on certification), the plan includes the support necessary for:
- Attending lessons (peer tutoring, interpreting, accessible lecture halls, computer aides, requesting professors’ presentations and lesson plans)
- Exams (additional time or quantitative (not qualitative) reduction of material, use of calculators, formulas and conceptual maps, parallel exams, use of computers and other aides, peer tutoring for reading and writing, accessible lecture halls and interpreting)
Students will be helped throughout their degree programme with specialistic tutoring services.
Students with physical and learning disabilities have a special multimedia lab equipped with:
- 4 universally accessible workstations with inclinable table, regulatable monitor, various types of mouse, and hardware and software support;
- 3 table audiobooks;
- Video enlarging scanners.
The Multimedia Room is accessible from Monday to Thursday, by reservation from 9:30 to 15:45, on Fridays from 9 to 13.
Book the multimedia room:
When: at least 7 days before
How: send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicates in the subject: Study Station Reservation indicate in the body of the email the date on which you intend to book a seat and if you need to use the hardware and software supports available
Every Faculty has a coordinator who promotes the active participation of students with physical or learning disorders. Coordinators are responsbile for:
- Addressing students towards specialistic tutoring services;
- Helping to solve logistical and organisational issues;
- Share information within the faculty.
The Academic Senate ratified the Guidelines for Students with Physical and Learning Disabilities for Professors on January 22, 2019.
Consult the Guidelines for Professors.