Surgeon - State Examination
The MIUR issued Ministerial Ordinance 422 of 16/05/2019 which sets, among other things, for the first exam session the date of the written exam to July 18, 2019.
Attention: those who are already enrolled in the exam and are doing the post-graduate internship must not repeat the registration.
Only those students who are completing the internship during the course of study according to the conditions of Ministerial Decree 58/2018 will have to enroll in the written exam of the State exam: it will be possible to enroll from 30/05 to 5/06. The registration methods are published on the trainee DM 58/2018 page
News: surgeon - MMG peer exchange - reserved for pre-graduate internship of 2020 first session (written test July 2020)
If you are a pre-graduate trainee assigned to the general practitioner for the first 2020 session (training February-June 2020), you can request an equal exchange of the GP with your colleague. Fill out the form at the shorturl.at/osN79 link to request the exchange. Attention: only one application per student and per change must be submitted by 12.00 noon on 17 December 2019.
You can register for the Surgeon State Exam if you have one of the following degrees:
• Medicine and Surgery as per Art. 17, Paragraph 95, Bill N. 127 - 15/5/1997 n. 127 and subsequent modifications;
• Specialist degree in class 46/S and Masters Degree LM-41 (DM 270/04) in Medicine and Surgery.
If you have never been enrolled at Sapienza Univesity, you will have to register on the InfostudPortal to obtain a student number and password to access the system and register for the exam.
If you have a degree from or are enrolled at Sapienza (any degree level), you will already be registered and have a student number and password. If you have lost your credentials, send a request with a copy of a valid form of ID to our emailand we will renew your access credentials.
For all other doubts and issues, please contact the CIAO Office
update in progress
- Equalization of degrees of V.O. and specialist and master's degrees(D.M. July 9,2009)
- Decree N. 445 - Oct. 19, 2001
- Decree N. 58 - May 9, 2018 - Regolamento Medico Chirurgo
- MIUR Document N. 9498 - 18/03/2019
- MIUR Document N. 9699 - 19/03/2019
- Medical Surgeon Traineeship Call - First Session 2019
- Order 422 16/05/2019
Degrees achieved abroad are not automatically valid for state exam acess. They must first be officially recognised in Italy by a registered university. For further information: Office for Students with International Degrees.
First Session 2019
- Graduation: April 9, 2019
- Traineeship beginning: April 10, 2019
- Presentation of Traineeship Documentation (last names beginning with):
A – F: April 5
G – Q: April 8
R – Z: April 9
- Written test: July 18, 2019
- Commission: tbd