Surgeon - State Examination
The MIUR issued Ministerial Ordinance 422 of 16/05/2019 which sets, among other things, for the first exam session the date of the written exam to July 18, 2019.
Attention: those who are already enrolled in the exam and are doing the post-graduate internship must not repeat the registration.
Only those students who are completing the internship during the course of study according to the conditions of Ministerial Decree 58/2018 will have to enroll in the written exam of the State exam: it will be possible to enroll from 30/05 to 5/06. The registration methods are published on the trainee DM 58/2018 page
You can register for the Surgeon State Exam if you have one of the following degrees:
• Medicine and Surgery as per Art. 17, Paragraph 95, Bill N. 127 - 15/5/1997 n. 127 and subsequent modifications;
• Specialist degree in class 46/S and Masters Degree LM-41 (DM 270/04) in Medicine and Surgery.
If you have never been enrolled at Sapienza Univesity, you will have to register on the InfostudPortal to obtain a student number and password to access the system and register for the exam.
If you have a degree from or are enrolled at Sapienza (any degree level), you will already be registered and have a student number and password. If you have lost your credentials, send a request with a copy of a valid form of ID to our emailand we will renew your access credentials.
For all other doubts and issues, please contact the CIAO Office
update in progress
- Equalization of degrees of V.O. and specialist and master's degrees(D.M. July 9,2009)
- Decree N. 445 - Oct. 19, 2001
- Decree N. 58 - May 9, 2018 - Regolamento Medico Chirurgo
- MIUR Document N. 9498 - 18/03/2019
- MIUR Document N. 9699 - 19/03/2019
- Medical Surgeon Traineeship Call - First Session 2019
- Order 422 16/05/2019
Degrees achieved abroad are not automatically valid for state exam acess. They must first be officially recognised in Italy by a registered university. For further information: Office for Students with International Degrees.
First Session 2019
- Graduation: April 9, 2019
- Traineeship beginning: April 10, 2019
- Presentation of Traineeship Documentation (last names beginning with):
A – F: April 5
G – Q: April 8
R – Z: April 9
- Written test: July 18, 2019
- Commission: tbd