In order to practice the profession corresponding to your university degree in Italy, you have to pass a state exam that will certify you to practice said profession.
State exams for professional certification are held every year on two different dates by MIUR, the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research.
- Architect- Junior Architect
- Actuary- Junior Actuary
- Biologist- Junior Biologist
- Chemist- Junior Chemist
- Architectural and Environmental Heritage Curator
- Statistical Disciplines
- Chartered Accountant- Accounting Expert
- Geologist- Junior Geologist
- Civil and Environmental Engineer- Junior Civil and Environmental Engineer
- Information Engineer- Junior Information Engineer
- Industrial Engineer- Junior Industrial Engineer
- Landscape Architect
- Territorial Planning- Junior Territorial Planning
- Psychologist- Doctor in psychological techniques for social, organizational and work contexts - Doctor in psychological techniques for personal and community services
- Statutory Auditor
State Exam Sessions 2021
On January 21, 2021, MIUR published Ministerial Ordinance no. 63 which establishes the dates of the State Examinations for the qualification to exercise the profession of Chartered Accountant and Accounting Expert and Ministerial Ordinance no. 64 and 65 which establishes the dates of the State Examinations for the qualification to exercise regulated and unregulated professions.
Please Note: the 2021 first and second sessions of the State Exams will be delivered as a single online oral test. Read DM 238/2021 (in Italian) for further information and this page (in English) for more details on the procedure (or DR 2391/2021 in Italian).
Infostud registration period: from September 24 to October 19, 2021.
For further information: State Exams.
Register A (Masters, Specialist, Previous Academic System Degrees):
Graduation deadline: November 16, 2021
Exam Date: November 17, 2021
Register B (Bachelors, University Diploma):
Graduation deadline: November 23, 2021
Exam date: November 24, 2021
As part of the Chartered Accountant and Accounting Expert State Exams, it will be possible to take the additional tests to join the Register of Statutory Auditors.
Professional Qualification for Surgeon
Please visit Surgeon State Examination for more information
Substitute Certification for State Exams (2019 to date)
How to request a Substitute Certification for State Exam
Certification for State Exam (until 2018)
How to request a Certification for State Exam
The State Exams Administrative Office (Segreteria Esami di Stato) works online. Office hours and services will be provided via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Service Building
2nd Floor - Stairway C
Mon/Wed/Fri 8:30 - 12:00 (noon)
Tues/Thurs 2:30 - 4:30 pm