In order to practice the profession corresponding to your university degree in Italy, you have to pass a state exam that will certify you to practice said profession.
State exams for professional certification are held every year on two different dates by MUR, the Italian Ministry University and Research.
- Architect- Junior Architect
- Actuary- Junior Actuary
- Biologist- Junior Biologist
- Chemist- Junior Chemist
- Architectural and Environmental Heritage Curator
- Statistical Disciplines
- Chartered Accountant- Accounting Expert
- Geologist- Junior Geologist
- Civil and Environmental Engineer- Junior Civil and Environmental Engineer
- Information Engineer- Junior Information Engineer
- Industrial Engineer- Junior Industrial Engineer
- Landscape Architect
- Territorial Planning- Junior Territorial Planning
- Psychologist- Doctor in psychological techniques for social, organizational and work contexts - Doctor in psychological techniques for personal and community services
- Statutory Auditor
State Exam Sessions 2022
On May 5th, 2022, MUR published Ministerial Ordinance no. 442 which establishes the dates of the State Examinations for the qualification to exercise the profession of Chartered Accountant and Accounting Expert and Ministerial Ordinance no. 443 and 444 which establishes the dates of the State Examinations for the qualification to exercise unregulated and regulated professions.
Please Note: the 2022 first and second sessions of the State Exams will be delivered as a single online oral test. Read the Call for sessions 2022 for more information.
Infostud registration period: from September 26 to October 19, 2022
For further information: State Exams.
Second Session 2022
Register A (Masters, Specialist, Previous Academic System Degrees):
Graduation deadline: November 16, 2022
Exam Date: November 17, 2022
Register B (Bachelors, University Diploma):
Graduation deadline: November 23, 2022
Exam date: November 24, 2022
As part of the Chartered Accountant and Accounting Expert State Exams, it will be possible to take the additional tests to join the Register of Statutory Auditors.
Professional Qualification for Surgeon
Please visit Surgeon State Examination for more information
Substitute Certification for State Exams (2019 to date)
How to request a Substitute Certification for State Exam
Certification for State Exam (until 2018)
How to request a Certification for State Exam
The State Exams Administrative Office (Segreteria Esami di Stato) works online. Office hours and services will be provided via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Service Building
2nd Floor - Stairway C