1. Application for reimbursement. Students may apply for the reimbursement of any not due tuition fees or additional fees (for the current academic year only) paid within the deadline, by submitting to the Student Office of their degree programme an application carrying a stamp duty on the form available at www.uniroma1.it in the Forms section. The application shall include:
- the reason for the application for reimbursement;
- a statement, made under the students’ own responsibility, that the amount for which the refund is requested was not included in deductions for personal income tax (IRPEF) purposes and that for this amount no reimbursements, benefits or contributions have been requested from or granted by any Administrations, Public or private institutions to that student or to his/her family members or cohabitants even without any kinship.
2. Submission procedures. The application carrying a stamp duty may be submitted as follows:
- to the front desk of the Student Office during opening hours;
- by means of registered letter with return receipt addressed to Università di Roma “La Sapienza” – Area Servizi agli Studenti – Settore Segreteria studenti of (please indicate the competent faculty or of the Student Office if it is interuniversity) – Piazzale Aldo Moro, 5 – 00185 Rome, by attaching a copy of a valid identity ID document.
3. Credit for subsequent payments. Instead of a reimbursement, students may request that such amount is turned into a credit for subsequent payments.
4. Non-reimbursable amounts. Amounts paid by mistake for any reason whatsoever, should they refer to academic years other than the current one, will not be reimbursed.
If a reimbursement is to be made due to a mistake of the University, students benefitting from that are liable for any accomplishments that may be necessary to regularise their tax position of their household’s in case some personal tax income deductions were granted based on the sums paid.
On no account will the amounts paid to take degree programme admission tests be reimbursed.
Reimbursements of tuition fees do not include the reimbursement of the regional tax or the stamp duty, if any.
5. Deadlines. After January 31, 2021 students will forfeit their right to apply for the reimbursement of any amounts paid in the 2019-2020 academic year.
6. € 30 deduction. Reimbursements considered as individual services requested by students pursuant to Law no. 232/2016, and that therefore are non-official, will be subject to a € 30 deduction by way of administrative costs.