MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022
The Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 call is open. Deadline: September 14, 2022.
The Postdoctoral Fellowships fund two- or three-year grants. Their goal is to enhance the creative and innovative potential of researchers holding a PhD and who wish to acquire new skills through advanced training and international, interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral mobility.
Mobility is a central aspect of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions, so researchers must carry out their research project in a country where they have not resided or carried out their main activity for more than 12 months in the last three years ('mobility rule').
Information for researchers
Researchers of all ages, nationalities and disciplines holding a PhD and a maximum of eight years of full-time research are eligible.
Researchers may apply jointly with a supervisor from their chosen host institution for one of the following types of fellowships:
- European Fellowships: support a research and training period of 12 to 24 months at an institution in an EU Member State or Associated Country.
- Global Fellowships: support a research and training period of 12 to 24 months at a non-EU organisation, followed by a 12-month return phase at a European institution.
The financial contribution will cover 100% of the costs (researcher's salary, research and training costs, management costs).
Information for supervisors
Postdoctoral Fellowships represent an opportunity not only for researchers but also for the University and the host Departments, as they can:
- Increase the level of internationalisation of research, as they offer the possibility of hosting talented foreign researchers;
- Encourage the return of young Italian researchers who have not been resident in our country for more than 12 months in the last three years;
- Allow researchers to carry out a research period at an institution based in a non-EU country and then return to Sapienza.
Interested lecturers may invite the foreign and Italian researchers with whom they collaborate to apply for a Postdoctoral Fellowship with Sapienza as the host institution if they meet the participation requirements.
CIVIS universities aim to attract the most promising researchers to participate in the Marie-Sklodowska Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship call within the CIVIS Alliance.
Researchers who would like to participate in the call for Postdoctoral Fellowships but have not yet found a supervisor can search the database developed by CIVIS universities. The database contains more than 700 lecturers willing to host researchers under the MSCA programme. More information on how to find a potential supervisor via the CIVIS database is available here.
Sapienza assists all researchers submitting a proposal with Sapienza as the host institution through individual consultations, support material ("kit for applicants") and a pre-screening and review service for proposals.
For further information, please contact the Researchers Mobility and European Programmes Unit.
Tumminelli Building CU007
2nd floor - room 214
Piazzale Aldo Moro, 5