Outreach - Calls
Outreach at Sapienza University
Outreach refers to activities organised institutionally by our university and its non-profit structures with an educational, cultural and societal development value and addressed to a non-academic public.
The definition of Outreach also includes the following activities:
- Organisation of cultural activities of public benefit;
- Scientific dissemination;
- Initiatives to involve citizens in research;
- Activities involving and interacting with the world of education;
- Activities to enhance artistic and cultural heritage;
- Production of public goods of a social, educational and inclusion policy nature.
Outreach – 2021 Call for Proposals
Sapienza has allocated a total budget of 555.000,00 euros to the 2022 Outreach Call for Proposals.
The Call for Proposals finances dissemination, scientific education, enhancement of Sapienza heritage, public engagement, etc. Eligible activities may include the organisation, preferably in collaboration with other public and private entities, of cultural activities, dissemination, exhibitions, etc., involving a wide and diversified audience of recipients outside the University.
The priority areas of action are those geared towards combating all types of inequality and promoting social inclusion, health and well-being, women's empowerment, sustainability and opportunities for access to scientific and humanistic knowledge.
Two funding lines have been identified:
- Outreach from 12 to 24 months, addressed to Sapienza structures (i.e. Departments, Faculties, Research Centres, Research and Service Centres, Service Centres, Sapienza Museums and Sapienza Libraries), also in collaboration with each other, with a maximum grant per project of 30,000 euros and total availability of 450,000 euros.
- Outreach launch, lasting 12 months, for projects presented by PhD students, research fellows, and residents, also in collaboration with each other, with a maximum grant per project of 15,000 euros and total availability of 105,000 euros.
Applications may be submitted from September 19, 2022 (1 pm), until October 28, 2022 (2:00 pm) at https://bandiricerca.uniroma1.it/sigeba/#/login