Sapienza Library System
Sapienza University of Rome offers you
- 50 libraries organized in 120 branches (map)
- Reading rooms open on Saturday, Sunday and by night
- Bookable rooms for study groups
- 2.7 millions of items such as books, journals, movies, maps, printed music, etc.
- Borrowing services
- 500.000 e-books, 44.000 e-journals, about 170 databases, also available off campus
- Reference services face to face and by email
- Classes about how to perform a bibliographic research or how to compile a bibliography
- Cultural activities such as reading circles, bibliographic exhibitions, bookcrossing
- Paid internships in libraries
- More than 200 librarian.
All these services are for free for Sapienza users.
COVID-19 Phase 3: libraries' services
Electronic resources: special acquisition following the medical emergency
The Sapienza Library System offers 500.000 eBooks and electronic resources for study and research.
For books in exams reading lists available as eBooks, consult the webpage, constantly updated.
Sapienza Library System
The Sapienza Library System preserves, develops, and manages the bibliographic collections owned by the libraries and guarantees access to the electronic resources, in order to support research, teaching and administrative functions and needs. The Library System aims to ensure high standards of efficiency and efficacy in planning and managing the services offered by the library network, even periodically monitoring the stakeholders’ satisfaction.
Through a portal, the Library System offers a tool for searching both the Catalogo Sapienza and the Discovery Sapienza. You may also download the BiblioSapienza app to search the catalogue and borrow books.
For off-campus access, visit the Discovery Sapienza and follow the instructions.
Sapienza Library System organizes Erasmus Staff weeks for the exchange of knowledge and experiences among professionals.
Sapienza offers 50 distinct libraries that function cooperatively to provide centralised online services, including a catalogue, electronic resources, information services and document exchange. The collections include ca. 2,700,000 modern and ancient books, periodicals, databases, electronic and multimedia resources.
All information concerning libraries and free services are listed on the portal (see link window).
24H Reading Rooms
Temporary closed due to Covid restrictions.