🎓 ABOUT SAPIENZA
- Who we are: Sapienza is an international, public, highly ranked, comprehensive, and multidisciplinary university, with over 700 years of history.
- What we offer:
- 51 Bachelor's and Master's programmes entirely taught in English (see list)
- Over 200 Bachelor's and Master's programmes in Italian (see full Catalogue)
- A Foundation Year specifically designed for international students
- PhD programmes in most disciplines
and a wide range of other programmes, including Advanced Professional Courses, Summer/Winter Schools, etc.
- Where we are: we're located in the heart of Rome, Italy
💻 WHAT IS A PRE-SELECTION APPLICATION?
A pre-selection application is an online application allowing international students to be assessed well before the official Call for Applications is published. Pre-selection is available for most English-taught Bachelor's and Master's programmes not requiring an in-person admission test, and for a limited number of Italian-taught programmes.
This application is particularly important for those applying for a study visa to enter Italy. Most programmes will ask pre-selection applicants to provide:
- High School and University Diploma
- Transcript of Records
- Language Certificate
- Reference Letters
- Additional supporting documents
Each student can apply for a maximum of 2 programmes per academic year.
Please note: if the programme(s) you are interested in is not available for pre-selection, we invite you to contact the programme Coordinator through the Contacts section of our Course Catalogue.
✅ WHAT ARE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION?
- Students applying for a Bachelor's programme must hold a high school diploma earned after at least 12 years of studies;
- Students applying for a Master's programme must hold at least a 3-year Bachelors degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline;
- Additionally, all students must have at least an upper-intermediate knowledge of English OR Italian (B2 level), depending on their chosen programme. Some programmes also require students to sit a mandatory admission test (e.g. Medicine and Surgery).
For other programmes (e.g. Foundation Year, PhDs), please refer to the links on the right-hand side.
📜 FEES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Tuition for our Bachelor's and Master's programmes is € 1000/year.
We are able to offer such convenient rates thanks to public funding by the Italian Ministry of Higher Education. Additionally, students can apply for various scholarships available at different levels, awarded on the basis of academic merit and/or family income. https://www.uniroma1.it/en/pagina/scholarships-0
📧 or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org