International Admissions 2023-2024
2023-2024 PRE-SELECTION APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN: https://sapienza.gomovein.com
Non-EU candidates residing abroad and requiring a visa:
- the 2023-2024 submission deadline for candidates applying to one or more programmes on the MoveIN pre-selection platform is April 14, 2023.
- the visa application deadline on the UNIVERSITALY platform (all programmes) is June 30, 2023 (opening soon)
All other candidates will be able to submit a pre-selection application until July 28, 2023.
🎓 ABOUT SAPIENZA
- Who we are: Sapienza is an international, public, highly ranked, comprehensive, and multidisciplinary university, with over 700 years of history.
- What we offer:
- 55 Bachelor's and Master's programmes entirely taught in English
- Over 240 Bachelor's and Master's programmes in Italian (see full Catalogue)
- A Foundation Year specifically designed for international students
- PhD programmes in most disciplines
and a wide range of other programmes, including Advanced Professional Courses, Summer/Winter Schools, etc.
- Where we are: we're located in the heart of Rome, Italy
📄 APPLICATION PROCESS
Here are the main steps international students have to follow to apply to one of our programmes:
Complete a pre-selection application (IF AVAILABLE FOR YOUR PROGRAMME - see list)
Create an account on Infostud, Sapienza's student services portal
Follow the instructions contained in your programme's "Call for Admissions" available at corsidilaurea.uniroma1.it ("Apply" section) and on the Office for Students with International Qualifications page
Apply for a study visa on WWW.UNIVERSITALY.IT (NON-UE STUDENTS ONLY) by June 30, 2023
💻 WHAT IS A PRE-SELECTION APPLICATION?
A pre-selection application is an online application allowing international students to be assessed well before the official Call for Applications is published. Pre-selection is available for most English-taught Bachelor's and Master's programmes not requiring an in-person admission test, and for a limited number of Italian-taught programmes.
This application is particularly important for those applying for a study visa to enter Italy. Most programmes will ask pre-selection applicants to provide:
- High School and University Diploma
- Transcript of Records
- Language Certificate
- Reference Letters
- Additional supporting documents
Each student can apply for a maximum of 2 programmes per academic year.
Please note: if the programme(s) you are interested in is not available for pre-selection, we invite you to contact the programme Coordinator through the Contacts section of our Course Catalogue.
✅ WHAT ARE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION?
- Students applying for a Bachelor's programme must hold a high school diploma earned after at least 12 years of studies;
- Students applying for a Master's programme must hold at least a 3-year Bachelors degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline;
- Additionally, all students must have at least an upper-intermediate knowledge of English OR Italian (B2 level), depending on their chosen programme. Some programmes also require students to sit a mandatory admission test (e.g. Medicine and Surgery).
📜 FEES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Tuition for our Bachelor's and Master's programmes is € 700-1200/year, according to country of residence (visit "Tuition Fees and Benefits" for further details).
We are able to offer such convenient rates thanks to public funding by the Italian Ministry of Higher Education. Additionally, students can apply for various scholarships available at different levels, awarded on the basis of academic merit and/or family income. https://www.uniroma1.it/en/pagina/scholarships
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Office for Students with International Degrees
- Course Catalogue
📧 or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org