“HR Excellence in Research” Award
Sapienza has been awarded the "HR Excellence in Research" award, a recognition given by the European Commission within the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers - HRS4R initiative aimed at implementing the rules and principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (C&C).
The European Commission adopted the European Charter of Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers with its Recommendation dated March 11, 2015.
The recommendation established principles and norms for all research careers and promotes a favourable working environment for the professional development of researchers.
Subsequently, the European Commission approved the HRS4R (Human Resources Strategy for Researchers, incorporating the Charter and the Code) to implement the European Charter of Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Researchers (C&C).
The Human Resources Strategy for Researchers requires:
- Internal analysis of the state of the art of university regulations and current situation with regard to C&C principles;
- Development of a Human Resources Strategy to fill any gaps encountered in the course of internal analysis;
- Accreditation by the European Commission (recognition as "HR Excellence in Research");
- Internal evaluation (self-assessment after the first two years of accreditation);
- External evaluation (by the European Commission at the end of a four-year period).
Within this procedural framework, Sapienza, as per Rectoral Decree no. 1703 - June 28, 2018, established a Director's cabin aimed at creating the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) and monitoring its implementation within the University.
The Director's cabin includes researchers' representatives as well as administrative-management staff involved in various ways in career management and support to researchers' activities and decides what measures need to be taken for the acquisition of the "HR Excellence in Research" label and, in particular, for the implementation of the Gap Analysis and the Action Plan aimed at bridging the gaps highlighted.
Having obtained the "HR Excellence in Research" award, the procedure will continue through the following steps:
- Internal assessment (self-assessment at the end of the first two years after the recognition)
- External assessment (by the European Commission at the end of the four-year period).