The Director General, in keeping with the guidelines set by the administrative council, is directly responsible for the overall management and organization of the university’s services, financial resources and technical-administrative staff.
The Directorate General consists of three main sectors, each of which is autonomous to implement and organise their related functions. Each sector is headed by a university manager who is accountable to the Director General for assigned objectives.
The main responsibilities of the Director General are to:
- propose the resources and professional profiles necessary and define the three-year strategy plan to cover personnel and staff requirements;
- assign tasks and responsibilities to the Area Managers for specific projects and functional activities;
- assign objectives to each Area Manager;
- implement the tools necessary to efficiently manage the office;
- adopt administrative measures concerning expenditure and income, except for areas directly administered by the Area managers;
- manage, coordinate and oversee the functions of the Area Managers and Administrative Procedure Supervisors;
- prepare the university’s annual budget. This process provides for the allocation and assignment of resources and sets the agenda for the coming year.
- direct the organisation and management of staff, as well as activities regarding trade unions and labour relations;
- implement all activities required by central governing organs, with the exception of autonomous structures indicated in the university’s Statute;
- perform any further operations, as assigned by law, the university statue or university regulations.
Simonetta Ranalli is the current Director General of Sapienza University.
Jacopo Callari (responsabile)
Nicoletta Di Sotto