The Director General, in keeping with the guidelines set by the administrative council, is directly responsible for the overall management and organization of the university’s services, financial resources and technical-administrative staff.
The Directorate General consists of three main sectors, each of which is autonomous to implement and organise their related functions. Each sector is headed by a university manager who is accountable to the Director-General for assigned objectives.
The main responsibilities of the Director General are to:
- propose the resources and professional profiles necessary and define the three-year strategic plan to cover personnel and staff requirements;
- assign tasks and responsibilities to the Area Managers (who are entrusted with the management of a specific Area) for specific projects and functional activities;
- assign objectives to each Area Manager;
- adopt the tools necessary to efficiently supervise managerial and non-general offices;
- adopt administrative measures concerning expenditure and income within the competence of their offices, except for areas directly administered by the Area managers;
- manage, coordinate and oversee the functions of the Area Managers and Administrative Procedure Supervisors;
- prepare the university’s annual budget as well as the estimated single budget and the single financial statement. This process provides for the allocation and assignment of resources and sets the agenda for the coming year.
- direct the organisation and management of staff, as well as activities regarding trade unions and labour relations;
- implement all activities required by central governing organs, with the exception of autonomous structures indicated in the university’s Statute;
- perform any further operations, as assigned by law, the university statue or university regulations.
Simonetta Ranalli is the current Director General of Sapienza University.
Directorate General Office
Nicoletta Di Sotto