Pillar 2 “Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness”
Horizon Europe Pillar 2, entitled "Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness", supports research and innovation activities to create innovative solutions and technologies in response to global challenges. It helps to achieve the UN's Sustainable Development Goals and boosts the EU's competitiveness and growth.
Pillar 2 is divided into 6 thematic clusters, integrated and part of a joint strategic plan.
- Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society
- Civil Security for Society
- Digital, Industry and Space
- Climate, Energy and Mobility
- Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment
In addition to the 6 clusters, Pillar 2 also includes the Joint Research Centre - JRC.
Within Pillar 2, particular attention will be given to the "Missions", i.e. a limited series of high-visibility missions, defined in the context of a strategic planning process, which will pursue ambitious but achievable and time-bound objectives.
The 5 Missions are:
- Adaptation to climate change, including societal transformation
- Climate-neutral and smart cities
- Healthy oceans, seas, coastal and inland waters
- Soil health and food
For more details, please click on the Italian version of this article.
Sapienza is organising a series of events in Italian aimed at promoting Pillar 2:
- 6 informative webinars, one for each thematic cluster.
- Individual meetings (by appointment - in English upon request)
For more information and to take part in the events, please visit Horizon Europe Pillar 2: webinars and individual meetings
Rectorate Building - (Building CU001)
Mezzanine floor - Room 9
Piazzale Aldo Moro, 5
00185 - Rome , RM , Italy